- User research
- Competitive analysis
- Marketing research
- Usability testing
- Social media
- Creative strategy
- Visual design
- Content strategy
- Content development
- Scenario development
- Systems integration
- Software architecture
- Content management systems
- Server-side development
- Client-side development
- Quality assurance and deployment
We are zu, a digital agency. For 20 years we’ve been using skill and imagination to build things for the web and mobile platforms. Our team is made up of craftsmen—experts in strategy, design and development—who take pride in their work, creating pixel-perfect websites and applications for our clients.
What We Do
We use technology, creative thinking and collaboration to build smart, elegant solutions. We help businesses and organizations of all sizes communicate with their customers, their investors and even themselves. In short, we build digital things for mobile platforms and the web.
We believe in close collaboration – a partnership – with our clients, as we strive to understand exactly who they are and what they need. They are involved at every step, as we develop the idea and see it through to execution, adapting to their feedback and priorities on the fly with ease.
We believe in the fine art of digital creation and we approach projects with a builder's eye. Our goal is always to deliver rock-solid strategy, pixel-perfect design and flawless code. We take a lot of pride in our work and the things we make, we'll accept nothing less than the best.
We don't believe in using technology for technology's sake, we believe in using the right tools for the job. We make ourselves knowledgeable in everything, so we can make informed decisions. We also know the difference between a "real trend" and "really trendy," which is why our mobile team already has five years of experience building for modern devices.
zu is seeking an experienced and motivated software developer to help us create innovative solutions for our customers. At zu, we’re Agile, that means you’ll be working in a dynamic and evolving environment in a team based setting. If you’re well versed with test driven development, pair programming, continuous integration and automated deployment then we want to talk to you.
- 5+ years of experience building object oriented MVC web applications
- Intimate familiarity with LAMP stack development (P = PHP or Python)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver test driven solutions
- Experience with continuous integration tools and techniques (preferably Jenkins)
- Knowledge of linux and shell scripting
- A love of automating manual, repetitive tasks
- Ability to mentor other developers
- Ability to work on a team
- Experience with HTML5 application development (Backbone, RequireJS, etc.)
- Experience with mobile web development (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Experience implementing highly scalable websites
- Working on an agile team (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools and best practices (particularly MicroStrategy)
- Experience with open source Content Management Systems
- Web application development using Java, Ruby/Rails, or other MVC frameworks.
Come join our team as we take on new and exciting work!
zu is seeking a web developer that can tackle the most challenging projects. We are looking for someone who is a team player. Someone who can use their programming knowledge to produce award winning websites for our clients. This person would need a solid understanding of content management systems (Drupal, Wordpress and Expression Engine).We are looking for a person who is passionate about new programming techniques but will not blow up the servers (often).
You will be working in a fast-paced, highly skilled team environment. You will play a key role in advancing the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging of environments. The successful candidate will be a person able to work under tough deadlines and able to manage multiple tasks at once. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated development experience with Drupal, Wordpress or Expression Engine
- Experience in working within a team environment
- Substantial experience with client service
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues, DOM and web standards
- An excellent ability to work with people at all levels and to collaborate and build trust and confidence with management and employees
- Awareness of the Internet, new technologies, and trends
- Samples of your previous work (required with your application)
- Familiarity with source code control systems
- Familiarity with web-based testing and QA processes
- Experience with PHP
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum)
- Familiarity with OO programming
- GUI design experience
- Experience with single page applications (SPAs) an asset
Hello! We've been waiting for your call.
+1 306 653 4747 Main
+1 888 834 8300 Toll Free
+1 306 653 4774 Fax