- User research
- Competitive analysis
- Marketing research
- Usability testing
- Social media
- Creative strategy
- Visual design
- Content strategy
- Content development
- Scenario development
- Systems integration
- Software architecture
- Content management systems
- Server-side development
- Client-side development
- Quality assurance and deployment
We are zu, a digital agency. For over 16 years we’ve been using skill and imagination to build things for the web and mobile platforms. Our team is made up of craftsmen—experts in strategy, design and development—who take pride in their work, creating pixel-perfect websites and applications for our clients.
What We Do
We use technology, creative thinking and collaboration to build smart, elegant solutions. We help businesses and organizations of all sizes communicate with their customers, their investors and even themselves. In short, we build digital things for mobile platforms and the web.
We believe in close collaboration – a partnership – with our clients, as we strive to understand exactly who they are and what they need. They are involved at every step, as we develop the idea and see it through to execution, adapting to their feedback and priorities on the fly with ease.
We believe in the fine art of digital creation and we approach projects with a builder's eye. Our goal is always to deliver rock-solid strategy, pixel-perfect design and flawless code. We take a lot of pride in our work and the things we make, we'll accept nothing less than the best.
We don't believe in using technology for technology's sake, we believe in using the right tools for the job. We make ourselves knowledgeable in everything, so we can make informed decisions. We also know the difference between a "real trend" and "really trendy," which is why our mobile team already has five years of experience building for modern devices.
We truly believe that we’ve recruited some of the best talent and some of the best people. Here are the stories of our carefully curated digital team; a perfect mix of fresh faces, seasoned industry veterans and everything in between. Though we are uniquely individual, we all share the common beliefs in pushing the boundaries, exploring our creative limits, and working as a team. Read on, fellow digital enthusiasts.
Come join our team as we take on new and exciting work!
zu is seeking a web developer that can tackle the most challenging projects. We are looking for someone who is a team player. Someone who can use their programming knowledge to produce award winning websites for our clients. This person would need a solid understanding of content management systems (Drupal, Wordpress and Expression Engine).We are looking for a person who is passionate about new programming techniques but will not blow up the servers (often).
You will be working in a fast-paced, highly skilled team environment. You will play a key role in advancing the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging of environments. The successful candidate will be a person able to work under tough deadlines and able to manage multiple tasks at once. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated development experience with Drupal, Wordpress or Expression Engine
- Experience in working within a team environment
- Substantial experience with client service
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues, DOM and web standards
- An excellent ability to work with people at all levels and to collaborate and build trust and confidence with management and employees
- Awareness of the Internet, new technologies, and trends
- Samples of your previous work (required with your application)
- Familiarity with source code control systems
- Familiarity with web-based testing and QA processes
- Experience with PHP
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum)
- Familiarity with OO programming
- GUI design experience
- Experience with single page applications (SPAs) an asset
As a Product Owner / Project Manager at zu, you represent the client’s needs internally, understanding their business as well or better than the client themselves. Your critical thinking skills are complemented by your ability to see the big picture without losing sight of the details. You are constantly strategizing to ensure the solutions we offer our clients meet their end goals, exceed their expectations, and deliver great value.
Your business acumen enhances your ability to quickly understand your client’s goals and obstacles and provide a strong voice to the client’s needs within your team. Your broad knowledge of digital production and outstanding communication skills make it easy for you to build strong relationships by helping the client understand our workflow and progress, while always advocating for the best long-term solutions.
- Key role on a tightly-knit, highly-collaborative team.
- Understands our clients’ business needs at a level that helps the client determine and communicate their needs, even when they aren’t sure what they are.
- Breaks projects into manageable, prioritized pieces, based on the client’s needs.
- Communicates projects to the production team through well-written stories that outline the problems to be solved.
- Manages and facilitates changes to priorities and baseline requirements.
- Communicates project progress with clients, anticipating and managing their expectations.
- Sets acceptance criteria and approves teamwork.
- Communicates the repercussions of technical discussions from the production team to the client in a manner they understand.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Degree or diploma in Business, Human Computer Interface, Information Science, Project Management, or another relevant field; or equivalent experience and education.
- Solid understanding of all aspects of web production.
- Superb communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex ideas clearly.
- Knowledge of information architecture is an asset.
- Experience with usability testing is an asset.
Hello! We've been waiting for your call.
+1 306 653 4747 Main
+1 888 834 8300 Toll Free
+1 306 653 4774 Fax