- User research
- Competitive analysis
- Marketing research
- Usability testing
- Social media
- Creative strategy
- Visual design
- Content strategy
- Content development
- Scenario development
- Systems integration
- Software architecture
- Content management systems
- Server-side development
- Client-side development
- Quality assurance and deployment
We are zu, a digital agency based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, in the heart of the Canadian prairies. With over 20 years in the digital industry, we are veterans and recognized community leaders. Our crew of 35 is a tour-de-force — experts in strategy, design and development — who forge strong teams to create long-term relationships and amazing digital experiences with our clients and their end users.
What We Do
We specialize in strategy, web and mobile development for corporate and government clients in North America. We partner with large organizations to help them communicate with their clients, their investors and even themselves. We use technology, creative thinking and collaboration to build smart, elegant solutions for complex problems, and help our clients transform to do digital better. Throughout this process, we consider context, we design for experience, and we build for use. Check us out in action: Portfolio
We believe in close collaboration – a partnership – with our clients, as we strive to understand exactly who they are and what they need. They are involved at every step, as we develop the idea and see it through to execution, adapting to their feedback and priorities on the fly with ease.
We believe in the fine art of digital creation and we approach projects with a builder's eye. Our goal is always to deliver rock-solid strategy, pixel-perfect design and flawless code. We take a lot of pride in our work and the things we make, we'll accept nothing less than the best.
We don't believe in using technology for technology's sake, we believe in using the right tools for the job. We make ourselves knowledgeable in everything, so we can make informed decisions. We also know the difference between a "real trend" and "really trendy," which is why our mobile team already has five years of experience building for modern devices.
We truly believe that we’ve recruited some of the best talent and some of the best people. Here are the stories of our carefully curated digital team; a perfect mix of fresh faces, seasoned industry veterans and everything in between. Though we are uniquely individual, we all share the common beliefs in pushing the boundaries, exploring our creative limits, and working as a team. Read on, fellow digital enthusiasts.
Our downtown Saskatoon office is home to an enthusiastic crew of creative and tech-savvy individuals who are proud to say they're square pegs. We're known for our laid-back, Google-like culture, with over-the-top staff functions, a supportive team environment, and endless options for new best friends. We take on big, challenging projects and promote continuous learning through countless professional development opportunities. One thing's for sure - you’ll never be bored. So if you have a passion for digital strategy, experience in website development, or an eye for web design, give us a shout!
Come join our team as we take on new and exciting work!
zu is seeking a developer who can tackle the most challenging projects. We are looking for someone who has iOS experience. Someone who can use their programming knowledge to produce award winning websites and applications for our clients. The ideal candidate will also have a solid understanding of content management systems. iOS is a must and Drupal would be an asset. We are looking for a person who is passionate about new programming techniques on different platforms. This role will be focused on mobile work, but will be expected to contribute to web development as needed.
You will be working in a fast-paced, highly skilled team environment. You will play a key role in advancing the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging of environments. The successful candidate will be a person able to work under tough deadlines and able to manage multiple tasks at once. Strong written and verbal communication skills are needed.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated development experience with iOS
- Experience in working within a team environment
- Substantial experience with client service
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues, DOM and web standards
- An excellent ability to work with people at all levels and to collaborate and build trust and confidence with management and employees
- Awareness of the internet, new technologies, and trends
- Samples of your previous work (required with your application)
- Familiarity with source code control systems
- Familiarity with web-based testing and QA processes
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated development experience with Drupal
- Experience with PHP
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum)
- Experience with single page applications (SPAs) an asset
Positions may be filled before the closing date so hurry up and send us your skills!
zu is seeking a content writer on a contract position. This will be for an internal project with a well-defined scope. The successful candidate will interview internal staff and partners to create a full scope of writing. You will be working in a fast-paced, highly skilled team environment while playing a key role in creating the content and communication in the most challenging of environments. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
The writer must have a technical background. They must be able to translate customer requirements into product documentation. Requirements may come from interviews, research and internal processes. This writer must have a creative edge in order to create zu brand content. This is a temporary, in-house, 4 week contract.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and editorial skills
- Minimum 3 years of technical and creative writing
- Must be aware of end-user experiences in the digital world
- Previous experience translating user experience into tangible content
- Substantial experience in client service
- Ability to interview and converse about end-user experiences
- Ability to work with people at all levels within the company to collaborate knowledge content
- Awareness of internet, technologies and trends
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
Please attach relevant writing pieces with resume
Position may be filled before the closing date.
zu is seeking an experienced and motivated software developer to help us create innovative solutions for our customers. At zu, we’re Agile, that means you’ll be working in a dynamic and evolving environment in a team based setting. If you’re well versed with test driven development, pair programming, continuous integration and automated deployment then we want to talk to you.
- 2+ years of experience building web applications
- Intimate familiarity with LEMP stack development (P = PHP or Python, E = Nginx or Apache )
- Demonstrated ability to deliver test driven solutions
- Experience with continuous integration tools and techniques (preferably Jenkins or Travis)
- Knowledge of Linux, Vagrant, Ansible and/or bash scripting
- A love of automating manual, repetitive tasks
- Ability to mentor other developers
- Ability to work on a team
- Experience with front-end application development (Ember, React, Grunt, Gulp, etc.)
- Experience with mobile web or native development (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Experience implementing highly scalable websites
- Working on an agile team
- Experience with open source Content Management Systems (Drupal)
- Web application development using Symfony, Ruby on Rails, Django, or other MVC framework.
I'd like to:
+1 306 653 4747 Main
+1 888 834 8300 Toll Free
+1 306 653 4774 Fax