The Product Owner represents the client's needs internally, understanding their business as well or better than the client themselves. This position is required to constantly strategize to ensure the solutions we offer our clients meet their end goals, exceed their expectations, and deliver great value.
The Product Owner requires a strong business acumen in order to quickly understand client goals and obstacles, as well as provide a strong voice to the client needs. Brand knowledge of digital production is required, as well as exceptional communication skills in order to build strong relationships.
- Key role on a tightly-knit, highly-collaborative team.
- Understands our clients business needs at a level that helps the client determine and communicate their needs, even when they aren't sure what they are.
- Breaks projects into manageable, prioritized pieces, based on the client needs.
- Communicates projects to the production team through well-written stories that outline the problems to be solved.
- Ability to problem solve using a solution based approach to unique challenges
- Manages and facilitates changes to priorities and baseline requirements.
- Collaborates with multiple departments of zu, in unison to achieve project goals and clients objectives
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end-customer experience, integration and dependencies
- Communicates project progress with clients, anticipating and managing their expectations.
- Sets acceptance criteria and approves teamwork.
- Communicates the repercussions of technical discussions from the production team to the client in a manner they understand.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Degree or diploma in Business, Human Computer Interface, Information Science, Project Management, or another relevant field; or equivalent experience and education.
- Solid understanding of all aspects of web production.
- Superb communication skills.
- Excellent active listener
- Demonstrated ability to present complex ideas clearly.
- Knowledge of information architecture is an asset.
- Experience with usability testing is an asset.