As a Product Owner at zu, you represent the client's needs internally, understanding their business as well or better than the client themselves. Your critical thinking skills are complemented by your ability to see the big picture without losing sight of the details. You are constantly strategizing to ensure the solutions we offer our clients meet their end goals, exceed their expectations, and deliver great value.
Your business acumen enhances your ability to quickly understand your client’s goals and obstacles and provide a strong voice to the client’s needs within your team. Your broad knowledge of digital production and outstanding communication skills make it easy for you to build strong relationships by helping the client understand our workflow and progress, while always advocating for the best long-term solutions.
- Key role on a tightly-knit, highly-collaborative team.
- Understands our clients’ business needs at a level that helps the client determine and communicate their needs, even when they aren’t sure what they are.
- Breaks projects into manageable, prioritized pieces, based on the client’s needs.
- Communicates projects to the production team through well-written stories that outline the problems to be solved.
- Manages and facilitates changes to priorities and baseline requirements.
- Communicates project progress with clients, anticipating and managing their expectations.
- Sets acceptance criteria and approves teamwork.
- Communicates the repercussions of technical discussions from the production team to the client in a manner they understand.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Degree or diploma in Business, Human Computer Interface, Information Science, Project Management, or another relevant field; or equivalent experience and education.
- Solid understanding of all aspects of web production.
- Superb communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex ideas clearly.
- Knowledge of information architecture is an asset.
- Experience with usability testing is an asset.