As a Product Owner at zu, you represent the client's needs internally, understanding their business as well or better than the client themselves. Your critical thinking skills are complemented by your ability to see the big picture without losing sight of the details. You are constantly strategizing to ensure the solutions we offer our clients meet their end goals, exceed their expectations, and deliver great value.
Your business acumen enhances your ability to quickly understand your client’s goals and obstacles and provide a strong voice to the client’s needs within your team. Your broad knowledge of digital production and outstanding communication skills make it easy for you to build strong relationships by helping the client understand our workflow and progress, while always advocating for the best long-term solutions.
- Responsible for the execution of an end-to-end product in a tightly-knit, highly-collaborative team
- Responsible for leading a team to develop digital solutions. This includes creation and execution of project planning that meets the timeline, scope and budget
- Responsible for balancing technical knowledge and business acumen
- Works with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders
- Understands an agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Understands how to translate product features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria
- Responsible for the development, prioritization and maintenance of a backlog for assigned products while balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate successes
- Understands clients’ business needs at a level that helps the client determine and communicate their needs, even when they aren’t sure what they are yet
- Breaks projects into manageable, prioritized pieces, based on the client’s needs
- Communicates project progress with clients, anticipating and managing their expectations. This may include communications involving technical discussions from the production team to the client in a manner they understand that outline the problems to be solved
- Communicates clients needs on projects to the production team through well-written stories
- Manages and facilitates changes to priorities and baseline requirements
- Degree or diploma in Business, Human Computer Interface, Information Science, Project Management, or another relevant field
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Understand project management principles in great depth, especially when it comes to timelines, budgets and scope
- Proactive, self-starter with ability to project manage multiple projects and tasks effectively
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- Excellent conflict management skill internally and externally. Must be able to have critical conversations with all stakeholders when needed.
- High degree of organization, time management skills, individual initiative and personal accountability
- Proven track record of delivering delivering solutions while using a customer-first mindset
- Established background in launching websites, software or services in partnership with development teams. Must have a high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development and understanding of Agile principles
- Experience successfully driving end-to-end delivery of products, including a wide variety of mechanisms, e.g. dashboards, APIs, real time alerts, etc.
- Providing vision and direction to the agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of information to execute tasks
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow and research our competitors and the industry
- Keep abreast with new technology and project management best practices and new trends
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to detail is crucial
- Knowledge of design thinking is an asset
- Experience with usability testing is an asset