We are looking for a web developer that can tackle the most challenging projects. Working on a team you will use your programming knowledge to produce browser-based software solutions and realize zu's creative and strategic web solutions. You will provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of zu's business. You will be working in a fast paced, collaborative team environment. You are results oriented person who puts clients priorities first, while remaining committed to your craft. You are a team player who can work under tight deadlines, while balancing multiple streams of work. You can work with staff at all levels, from executives to interns, while building trust and confidence in your ability to deliver best in class solutions while remaining positive is crucial to this position.
- Defines the technological strategy with the development team/operations.
- Defines technical risks and mitigation plans for projects. Helps to identify high risk areas for the Product Owner/AE/development team.
- Establishes technical standards within the company.
- Works with Operations and HR to evaluate development teams; identifying strengths, problem areas, and developing plans for improving performance.
- Works with IT to streamline internal (and client) systems and infrastructure.
- Evaluates candidates for technical positions.
- Evaluates new technology and tools.
- Identifies weak systems that need code improvement and schedules corrective action, when possible.
- Works with the development floor to create skills where gaps are found.
- Supports and educates accounts (and others) on zu’s technical process through RFP’s in order to vet clients and strategize sales tactics.
- Find an out of the box solution for unique problems.
- Insure that our hosting platforms, services, and technologies deliver maximum up-time and value to our clients
- Assist in qualifying new business based on technology and fit
- Minimum 5 years in-house demonstrated technical skills
- Extensive experience with modern front-end frameworks and tooling
- Experience building software solutions in Drupal
- Excellence in communication. You must be able to clearly and concisely make arguments while staying positive and supportive
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues, DOM and web standards
- Knowledge of version control systems, particularly Git & GitHub
- Be a role model in attitude and behaviour, inspiring your team in collaboration and teamwork
- Experience with PHP and/or PHP frameworks and CMS systems (Symfony, Drupal)
- Experience with mobile platforms
- Experience reading, critiquing and offering improvements on other people's code
- Samples of your previous work (required in the application).