- User research
- Competitive analysis
- Marketing research
- Usability testing
- Social media
- Creative strategy
- Visual design
- Content strategy
- Content development
- Scenario development
- Systems integration
- Software architecture
- Content management systems
- Server-side development
- Client-side development
- Quality assurance and deployment
We are zu, a digital agency based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, in the heart of the Canadian prairies. With over 20 years in the digital industry, we are veterans and recognized community leaders. Our crew of 35 is a tour-de-force — experts in strategy, design and development — who forge strong teams to create long-term relationships and amazing digital experiences with our clients and their end users.
What We Do
We specialize in strategy, web and mobile development for corporate and government clients in North America. We partner with large organizations to help them communicate with their clients, their investors and even themselves. We use technology, creative thinking and collaboration to build smart, elegant solutions for complex problems, and help our clients transform to do digital better. Throughout this process, we consider context, we design for experience, and we build for use. Check us out in action: Portfolio
We believe in close collaboration – a partnership – with our clients, as we strive to understand exactly who they are and what they need. They are involved at every step, as we develop the idea and see it through to execution, adapting to their feedback and priorities on the fly with ease.
We believe in the fine art of digital creation and we approach projects with a builder's eye. Our goal is always to deliver rock-solid strategy, pixel-perfect design and flawless code. We take a lot of pride in our work and the things we make, we'll accept nothing less than the best.
We don't believe in using technology for technology's sake, we believe in using the right tools for the job. We make ourselves knowledgeable in everything, so we can make informed decisions. We also know the difference between a "real trend" and "really trendy," which is why our mobile team already has five years of experience building for modern devices.
We truly believe that we’ve recruited some of the best talent and some of the best people. Here are the stories of our carefully curated digital team; a perfect mix of fresh faces, seasoned industry veterans and everything in between. Though we are uniquely individual, we all share the common beliefs in pushing the boundaries, exploring our creative limits, and working as a team. Read on, fellow digital enthusiasts.
Our downtown Saskatoon office is home to an enthusiastic crew of creative and tech-savvy individuals who are proud to say they're square pegs. We're known for our laid-back, Google-like culture, with over-the-top staff functions, a supportive team environment, and endless options for new best friends. We take on big, challenging projects and promote continuous learning through countless professional development opportunities. One thing's for sure - you’ll never be bored. So if you have a passion for digital strategy, experience in website development, or an eye for web design, give us a shout!
Come join our team as we take on new and exciting work!
zu is seeking a web developer that can tackle the most challenging projects. We are looking for someone who is a team player. Someone who can use their programming knowledge to produce award winning websites for our clients. This person would need a solid understanding of content management systems (Drupal, Wordpress and Expression Engine).We are looking for a person who is passionate about new programming techniques but will not blow up the servers (often).
You will be working in a fast-paced, highly skilled team environment. You will play a key role in advancing the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging of environments. The successful candidate will be a person able to work under tough deadlines and able to manage multiple tasks at once. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated development experience with Drupal, Wordpress or Expression Engine
- Experience in working within a team environment
- Substantial experience with client service
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues, DOM and web standards
- An excellent ability to work with people at all levels and to collaborate and build trust and confidence with management and employees
- Awareness of the Internet, new technologies, and trends
- Samples of your previous work (required with your application)
- Familiarity with source code control systems
- Familiarity with web-based testing and QA processes
- Experience with PHP
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum)
- Familiarity with OO programming
- GUI design experience
- Experience with single page applications (SPAs) an asset
zu is currently looking for a talented New Business Manager to join our accounts team for a 12-16 month Maternity term in Saskatoon. This person will have a strong background in business development, marketing and experience with client management. The ideal candidate will be both curious and passionate about the digital world in order to show value to potential clients. This candidate will have a natural ease with prospects while being able to relay a strong business sense.
- In depth knowledge of interactive and digital
- Planning and execution of marketing initiatives
- Communication; verbal and written
- Product Development experience
- Vision for business development opportunities
- Analytical and results oriented
- Presentation skills
- Experience with Keynote/Pages
- Excellent time management
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 4+ years experience in a marketing manager role
- Technical background
- Sales experience
- Responsible for growth of the existing client base through individual marketing efforts
- Responsible for expanding and meeting revenue targets by establishing strong, loyal relationships and staying in tune with client needs, challenges and business issues.
- Strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, loyalty and repeat business
- Helps to define marketing strategies for the organization based on key competencies and client requirements
- Collaborates on RFP’s
- Collects and synthesizes client needs then research solutions in order to align marketing initiatives
- Provides focused and reliable leadership to all aspects of marketing endeavours
- Create, liaise and retain community connections and attend community events in order to aid business development.
- Attend and present at potential customer meetings
- Establishes and maintains good understanding of zu’s capabilities and services and can subsequently explain the business benefits and direct relevance of all services to the customer
I'd like to:
+1 306 653 4747 Main
+1 888 834 8300 Toll Free
+1 306 653 4774 Fax