- User research
- Competitive analysis
- Marketing research
- Usability testing
- Social media
- Creative strategy
- Visual design
- Content strategy
- Content development
- Scenario development
- Systems integration
- Software architecture
- Content management systems
- Server-side development
- Client-side development
- Quality assurance and deployment
We are zu, a digital agency based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, in the heart of the Canadian prairies. With over 20 years in the digital industry, we are veterans and recognized community leaders. Our crew of 35 is a tour-de-force — experts in strategy, design and development — who forge strong teams to create long-term relationships and amazing digital experiences with our clients and their end users.
What We Do
We specialize in strategy, web and mobile development for corporate and government clients in North America. We partner with large organizations to help them communicate with their clients, their investors and even themselves. We use technology, creative thinking and collaboration to build smart, elegant solutions for complex problems, and help our clients transform to do digital better. Throughout this process, we consider context, we design for experience, and we build for use. Check us out in action: Portfolio
We believe in close collaboration – a partnership – with our clients, as we strive to understand exactly who they are and what they need. They are involved at every step, as we develop the idea and see it through to execution, adapting to their feedback and priorities on the fly with ease.
We believe in the fine art of digital creation and we approach projects with a builder's eye. Our goal is always to deliver rock-solid strategy, pixel-perfect design and flawless code. We take a lot of pride in our work and the things we make, we'll accept nothing less than the best.
We don't believe in using technology for technology's sake, we believe in using the right tools for the job. We make ourselves knowledgeable in everything, so we can make informed decisions. We also know the difference between a "real trend" and "really trendy," which is why our mobile team already has five years of experience building for modern devices.
We truly believe that we’ve recruited some of the best talent and some of the best people. Here are the stories of our carefully curated digital team; a perfect mix of fresh faces, seasoned industry veterans and everything in between. Though we are uniquely individual, we all share the common beliefs in pushing the boundaries, exploring our creative limits, and working as a team. Read on, fellow digital enthusiasts.
Our downtown Saskatoon office is home to an enthusiastic crew of creative and tech-savvy individuals who are proud to say they're square pegs. We're known for our laid-back, Google-like culture, with over-the-top staff functions, a supportive team environment, and endless options for new best friends. We take on big, challenging projects and promote continuous learning through countless professional development opportunities. One thing's for sure - you’ll never be bored. So if you have a passion for digital strategy, experience in website development, or an eye for web design, give us a shout!
As a Product Owner / Project Manager at zu, you represent the client’s needs internally, understanding their business as well or better than the client themselves. Your critical thinking skills are complemented by your ability to see the big picture without losing sight of the details. You are constantly strategizing to ensure the solutions we offer our clients meet their end goals, exceed their expectations, and deliver great value.
Your business acumen enhances your ability to quickly understand your client’s goals and obstacles and provide a strong voice to the client’s needs within your team. Your broad knowledge of digital production and outstanding communication skills make it easy for you to build strong relationships by helping the client understand our workflow and progress, while always advocating for the best long-term solutions.
- Key role on a tightly-knit, highly-collaborative team.
- Understands our clients’ business needs at a level that helps the client determine and communicate their needs, even when they aren’t sure what they are.
- Breaks projects into manageable, prioritized pieces, based on the client’s needs.
- Communicates projects to the production team through well-written stories that outline the problems to be solved.
- Manages and facilitates changes to priorities and baseline requirements.
- Communicates project progress with clients, anticipating and managing their expectations.
- Sets acceptance criteria and approves teamwork.
- Communicates the repercussions of technical discussions from the production team to the client in a manner they understand.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Degree or diploma in Business, Human Computer Interface, Information Science, Project Management, or another relevant field; or equivalent experience and education.
- Solid understanding of all aspects of web production.
- Superb communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex ideas clearly.
- Knowledge of information architecture is an asset.
- Experience with usability testing is an asset.
I'd like to:
+1 306 653 4747 Main
+1 888 834 8300 Toll Free
+1 306 653 4774 Fax