ZU ACADEMY ONLINE WORKSHOP SERIES
Design Thinking: Fundamentals is your first introduction to the world of design thinking. It’s a jam-packed 4-hour walkthrough of the entire methodology that teaches effective tools for complex problem solving and delivering beautiful experiences for your users.
What is design thinking?
It’s a practical approach to finding creative solutions to problems, inspired by traditional design methods, that you don’t have to be a designer to use or understand. More simply, design thinking is an approach to problem solving.
What you'll learn
- An overview of the entire design thinking process
- How to conduct user-centred research
- New approaches to problem definition and innovation
- The prototyping mindset
- How to improve your customer experience process
- Where and when to apply design thinking
- Laptop or desktop with a good internet connection
- Updated web browser
- Smartphone or camera
- Pen, sharpie and 8.5x11 or 11x17 paper
- Comfy chair, beanbag or hammock
Who should attend?
- Organizational leaders curious about design thinking and its various applications
- Anyone looking for a new problem-solving framework and potential career differentiator
- Those needing a refresh or want to solidify their understanding of zu’s design thinking process
Strategy Director, Partner
Albert is zu’s resident storyteller, DJ, and camp counsellor. A regarded thought leader on Design Thinking and Digital Strategy, Albert regularly facilitates workshops and kicks off project strategy sessions. An equally passionate speaker, Albert is committed to proving that your brand is only as good as your experience.
All zu Academy instructors are seasoned practitioners who are proponents of human-centred design and passionate about building better solutions and experiences. They are equally excited to share what they learn in the field with all academy participants.
zu is a design and strategy consultancy focused on building digital solutions. We have applied our human-centred approach to transformational client projects for the last 25 years. zu Academy is the learning extension of zu, aimed at helping organizations build knowledge and capacity within their teams to design and develop better products and services for their users.
I was surprised by how engaged I was in the learning process and how I got to collaborate with others and their ideas.
— Susan Seida
Senior Project Manager