ZU ACADEMY ONLINE WORKSHOP SERIES
zu Design Thinking: Intensive is a 3 to 5 day deep dive into the process of design thinking. The first three days involve the more traditional approach to design thinking, giving participants an interactive walkthrough of each major phase. The final two days (optional) focus on the very specific steps of the Design Sprint with an afternoon focused on advanced facilitation techniques.
What is design thinking?
It’s a practical approach to finding creative solutions to problems, inspired by traditional design methods, that you don’t have to be a designer to use or understand. More simply, design thinking is an approach to problem solving.
What you'll learn
- Create better experiences for your customers
- Solve complex problems faster
- User-centred research techniques
- Problem identification and reframing
- New methods for ideation and solution development
- The prototyping mindset and user testing
- A step-by-step walkthrough of the Design Sprint (Day 4 / 5)
- How to be an effective facilitator (Day 4 / 5)
- Laptop or desktop with a good internet connection
- Updated web browser
- Smartphone or camera
- Pen, sharpie and 8.5x11 or 11x17 paper
- Comfy chair or chaise lounge
Who should attend?
- Designers expanding their application outside of traditional design
- Project Managers looking for ways to deliver faster
- Business analysts who want to build solutions around the user
- Executive Management hoping to disrupt culture and process
- Cross-functional teams wanting to ground themselves into a new problem-solving framework
- Individuals who are serious about becoming design thinking facilitators or champions within their organizations (5 Day)
Don't forget about training grants
Funding is available to help you strengthen your skill set and help you and your company succeed.
Apply today for the Re-Open Saskatchewan Training Subsidy and help your team learn and adjust to the economic impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic. Apply for funding by December 31, 2020 at Saskatchewan.ca.
Strategy Director, Partner
Albert is zu’s resident storyteller, DJ, and camp counsellor. A regarded thought leader on Design Thinking and Digital Strategy, Albert regularly facilitates workshops and kicks off project strategy sessions. An equally passionate speaker, Albert is committed to proving that your brand is only as good as your experience.
All zu Academy instructors are seasoned practitioners who are proponents of human-centred design and passionate about building better solutions and experiences. They are equally excited to share what they learn in the field with all academy participants.
zu is a design and strategy consultancy focused on building digital solutions. We have applied our human-centred approach to transformational client projects for the last 25 years. zu Academy is the learning extension of zu, aimed at helping organizations build knowledge and capacity within their teams to design and develop better products and services for their users.
I was surprised at how easy it was to grasp the concepts that were touched on and how seamlessly they could be integrated into my work.
— Rachel Langen
Public Relations Associate
Conexus Credit Union